PAKISTAN NATIONAL SCIENCE BOWL (NSB) PRESENTS
National Science Bowl 2021-22
(SCROLL BELOW FOR DETAILS & REGISTRATION LINK)
In July 2019-20, PIF partnered Center for Economic Research Pakistan (CERP) and LUMS Society for Better Educational Engagement (BEE) to pilot test the Science Bowl format in Pakistan. Over 50 teams/schools from 3 major cities participated in the 3 Regional Science Bowls (Islamabad, Lahore, and Karachi) of which 12 qualified to play in the Nationals (held virtually due to COVID19).
These 12 teams included: Lyceum, St. Patrick’s, KGS, Nixor (Karachi), Beaconhouse Margalla and G15, Cadet College Hasanabdal, EMS High (Islamabad), Aitchison, LGS 1A1, STEM School, and Beaconhouse Defense (Lahore). After an intense competition, Karachi Grammar School was declared Winners of Pakistan’s first ever Science Bowl Contest.
This year, we hope to bring the National Science Bowl to an even bigger stage by targeting more than 100 schools competing for the crown that will include a mix of virtual and physical events (where possible) including school level science bowls, regionals (Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad), and then Nationals.
We are interested in Schools registering either
- to qualify for their Regional Science Bowl through a Qualifying Round open to anyone, or
- to agree to hold a school science bowl that meets certain criteria to qualify for a direct entry into the Regionals.
The tentative schedule of the School, Regional, and National Science Bowls is provided below:
- Early Registration (for Science Bowl Organizer Training): Dec 1, 2021
- Last Date to Host a School Science Bowl; Dec 31, 2021
- End of Registrations (for Qualifying Round for Regionals): Dec 31, 2021
- Regional Science Bowls: During January 2022
- Nationals: Feb/March 2022
If you’d like to host a Science Bowl at your School, please get in touch with us at email@example.com (or firstname.lastname@example.org). Those interested will be provided additional guidelines and/or training to host a Science Bowl at your School.
If you wish to register a team to participate in the Qualifying Rounds of a Regional Science Bowl, please do so using the form below:
Science Bowls are an exciting and challenging way to learn and master age-appropriate science and mathematics curricula by being part of an intellectually stimulating and intensely rivalry!
PREVIOUS SCIENCE BOWLS IN PAKISTAN: